AVSC Training Guidelines for COVID-19
Athlete Agreements and Restrictions:
- Athletes will avoid entering the facility or location if you have a cough or fever or ANY type of illness.
- Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that athlete is not allowed to participate.
- Athletes must have a mask “at hand” and ready to be pulled up at all times when encountering anyone and six foot social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks MUST BE WORN in the gym at all times.
- Athletes will always maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another. If within 6 feet of another person, athletes must wear a mask. This includes passing other trail users on bike paths, roads, dirt trails, etc.
- Athletes will sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow.
- Athletes will not shake hands, high five, fist bump or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- On the way to and from training area, or any time an athlete is within six feet of another person athletes will cover their nose and mouth with a non-medical, cloth face-covering.
- Athletes will bring their own equipment (skis, bikes, etc.) and water bottle.
- Athletes will not touch another athlete’s equipment or personal items.
- Athletes will notify AVSC immediately if they have ANY symptoms or contract COVID19 so that appropriate families can be notified that may have been in contact with that athlete at a training session.
- In the event that an athlete has had possible exposure to COVID-19 and is being tested as a result, the athlete cannot return to training until they have a negative test result. Athletes must contact their coach as soon as they hear of their exposure.
Parent Agreements and Restrictions:
- Parents are not allowed to attend training sessions.
- Parents will monitor their athletes’ symptoms and take their athlete’s temperature prior to all sessions and not allow attendance if a fever or any symptoms are present.
- Parents will always maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another.
- Parents will drop their athlete off at the curb with directions to the training area and remain in their vehicle.
- Parents will sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow.
- Parents will not shake hands, high five, fist bump, etc. or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Parents will notify AVSC immediately if they or their athlete have ANY symptoms or contract COVID-19 so that appropriate families can be notified that may have been in contact with that parent or athlete at a training session.
- Parents will discuss the rules, guidelines and restrictions with their athlete(s) so they are knowledgeable and prepared for the session.
- Parents understand and agree that they and/or their athlete will not be allowed to attend future sessions if they do not follow all these rules.
Parents and Athletes Agree To and Understand That:
- All training is voluntary.
- Waivers must be signed with signup when returning to training.
- Athletes must sign up in advance and show up on time to trainings.
AVSC Agreements and Restrictions:
- Coaches will not come to training sessions if they are sick in any way.
- Coaches shall self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms each day, including measuring temperature and will not attend if a fever is present.
- Coaches will take attendance at all sessions and appropriate families will be notified if an athlete were to get sick.
- Coaches must have a mask “at hand” and ready to pull up at all times when encountering anyone and six foot social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Portable restrooms will be available at the AVSC Clubhouse parking lot and the Buttermilk Glacier.
- Indoor common areas and other high-touch surfaces areas will not be available for use. Please plan ahead.
- If using cones or equipment to mark out training areas, the staff will disinfectant any related supplies between sessions and at end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 is available to all coaches and athletes at each training location.
- On the way to and from training area, or any time a coach is within six feet of another person coaches will cover their nose and mouth with a non-medical, cloth face-covering.
- Copies of this protocol will be distributed to all coaches.
AVSC Measures to Ensure Guidelines Are Met and to Prevent Crowds from Gathering:
- Limit the number of athletes and coaches at any one time which will always allow for athletes and coaches to easily maintain at least a six-foot distance from one another.
- If there is more than one group training, the training groups will remain separate and apart from each other (20 feet).
- Have an extra coach at each session to ensure that the maximum number of participants at a session is not exceeded and to make sure the athletes registered for that slot are the only ones allowed to participate.
Measures to Keep People At Least Six Feet Apart:
- Provide markings at the top of the course for athletes to leave personal items.
- Provide breaks between sessions to allow plenty of time for drop off and pick up to prevent athletes from gathering.
- All coaches will be instructed to maintain at least six feet distance from athletes, parents and other coaches, except coaches may momentarily come closer when necessary to help an injured athlete or as otherwise necessary.
Measures to Prevent Unnecessary Contact:
- Parents will be required to drop off and pick up players curbside. Parents must remain in their cars during the training session.
- Prior to a session, AVSC will send out specific instructions on where to meet their coach for each training.
- Coaches will be asked to disinfect cones and gates that are used at the end of each session.
- Athletes will bring and use their own equipment and avoid touching other’s equipment.
- When the session is complete, athletes will leave one at a time.
All Plans Are Tentative and Subject to Change
All plans are tentative and depend on state and county directives and what is safe for our athletes, coaches and staff. We are doing our best to implement a conservative and responsible COVID-19 response plan and understand that this is a moving target. Please help us by continuing to practice social distancing and follow Pitkin County Guidelines, State of Colorado Guidelines and CDC Guidelines.
We are here for you and your family as we all navigate returning to sport. Please reach out to AVSC with any questions - you can contact your head coach directly or call Stephanie, AVSC Admin Manager, at 970.205.5101. We look forward to seeing your athletes soon!