AVSC Training Guidelines for COVID-19
PARTICIPANTS MUST FOLLOW ALL LOCAL RULES, GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS AT ALL TIMES
- AVSC will follow all Aspen Skiing Company rules and guidelines regarding lifts, restaurants, restrooms and any other location on Aspen Skiing Company property.
- Masks are required at all times in lift lines and on the lift (unless riding the lift alone).
- Households are allowed to ride the lift together. Non household should not load more than 2 athletes on the Thunderbowl Chair and 50% capacity on all other lifts.
- AVSC will maintain small groups and keep the groups the same as much as possible.
Athlete, Coaches & Staff Agreements and Restrictions:
- Athletes, coaches and staff will not attend training if they have a cough, fever or ANY type of illness.
- Athletes, coaches and staff staff must have a mask “at hand” and ready to be pulled up at all times
- All athletes, coaches and staff must maintain 6’ social distancing. If 6’ social distancing cannot be maintained, masks must be worn.
- Athletes, coaches and staff will sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow.
- Athletes, coaches and staff will not shake hands, high five, fist bump or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Athletes, coaches and staff will notify AVSC immediately if they contract COVID-19.
- In the event that an athlete, coach or staff contracts COVID-19, AVSC will defer to the public health department’s guidelines and recommendations regarding returning to training for that athlete, coach or staff.
- Parents are not allowed to attend training sessions.
- Parents will monitor their athletes’ symptoms and take their athlete’s temperature prior to all sessions and not allow attendance if a fever or any symptoms are present.
- Parents will drop their athlete off at the curb with directions to the training area and remain in their vehicle.
- Parents will notify AVSC immediately if they, a family member or their athlete contract COVID-19.
- Parents will discuss the rules, guidelines and restrictions with their athlete(s) so they are knowledgeable and prepared for the session.
- Parents understand and agree that they and/or their athlete will not be allowed to attend future sessions if they do not follow all these rules.
Parents and Athletes agree with and understand that:
All training is voluntary.
AVSC Measures to Ensure Guidelines Are Met
- Limit the number of athletes and coaches at any one time which will allow for athletes and coaches to easily maintain at least a 6’ distance from one another.
- Attendance will be taken at all training sessions.
Measures to Prevent Unnecessary Contact
- Parents will be required to drop off and pick up athletes curbside. Parents must remain in their cars during pickup and drop-off.
- Prior to a session, AVSC will send out specific instructions on where to meet their coach for each training.
- Coaches will be asked to disinfect gates and equipment that are used at the end of each session.
- Athletes will bring and use their own equipment and avoid touching other’s equipment.
All Plans Are Tentative and Subject to Change
All plans are tentative and depend on local, county, state and federal directives. Guidelines can be found at Pitkin County Guidelines, State of Colorado Guidelines, CDC Guidelines and Aspen Skiing Company Guidelines.
- CDC Guidelines
- Aspen Skiing Company Guidelines
We are here for you and your family as we all navigate returning to sport. Please reach out to AVSC with any questions - you can contact your head coach directly or call Stephanie, AVSC Admin Manager, at 970.205.5101. We look forward to seeing your athletes soon